The benefits of conventions
- You can find your way around an unfamiliar workbook quickly.
- Readers assimilate reports quickly.
- By following conventions, you avoid many common errors.
- A common knowledge of conventions helps with transitions as people take over others’
- You can build workbooks much more rapidly with standard components such as standard
sheets (such as for documentation and settings), titles areas, crosschecks, styles
for cell formatting, common formulas, data flow diagrams, automation components,
range names for various purposes, and more.
- With conventions in place, new tools can and do take advantage of that to speed-up
Course content overview:
What you get with the course:
- The best possible advice and training from international company AbleOwl, who have
specialised solely in Excel and spreadsheets for over twenty years.
- A well-written, full-colour, indexed course manual that explains each of the course
agenda items in detail.
- A USB flash drive that contains all spreadsheets covered in the course examples.
- The GenieMini add-in, to speed up many common tasks and to help apply conventions
and good practices.
- Multiple-place discount: 10% off for three or more places booked on the same course.
- Refreshments and lunch included in the price.
- A course certificate upon request.
Who should attend
- All levels of users who are familiar with formatting, creating basic formulas and
creating basic charts.
- Those with Excel versions 2016, 2013, 2010 or 2007. Any differences among versions
are pointed out
Note that the course makes use of the free GenieMini add-in. No installation other
than copying files to a folder is needed. The add-in is no different from an Excel
file that contains macros. While GenieMini is not essential to apply conventions,
taking advantage of the applied conventions is greatly enhanced by the add-in.
Learn in a positive environment
- Be assured the advice you get is well-proven and utilised.
- Feel free to ask questions.
- Get time away from the office and constant interruptions.
- Enjoy a friendly environment where you don’t feel you’re holding others up.
- Instantly apply what you’ve learned on return to work.
The courses cover Microsoft Excel releases XP(2002) through 2013.
Where there are differences among the covered releases, they are pointed out.
Course cancellation policy:
A course booking is considered final when received in writing (online, email, fax or post) by AbleOwl,
and can be cancelled up to ten working days before the course. After that, payment is expected in full
and no refund will be given. All cancellations must be notified in writing, i.e. post, fax or email.
Another delegate may be substituted at any time.