These courses are for you if you:
- Want an overview and to cover the agenda topics in less depth than our more advanced courses do.
- Don't use Excel every day, or are relatively new to Excel (but are definitely not a beginner).
- Can only take a day away from office responsibilities.
Course content overview:
Conversion to Excel 2007/10
Get up to speed rapidly with the new Excel. Discover the new limits, file formats and added features. Learn charts and PivotTables.
Hidden shortcuts 1
of quick ways to perform everyday tasks. Even advanced users don’t know most of these. Impress others with your Excel tips.
Hidden shortcuts 2
There are far too many great tips for one day, so we have split
them over two days.
What you get for each course:
- The best possible advice and training from international company AbleOwl, who have
specialised solely in Excel and spreadsheets for over twenty years.
- Assimilation of good spreadsheet design practices. All AbleOwl courses apply ESP
conventions. ESP(Excel Standardisation Programme). That means you will more quickly
understand and navigate the workbooks used, whichever AbleOwl courses you attend.
- A well-written, full-colour, indexed course manual that explains each of the course
agenda items in detail.
- A USB flash drive that contains all spreadsheets covered in the course examples.
You can modify the spreadsheets for your own use.
- A free PDF copy of each of our monthly publications: Instant, In-depth and Visual Basic
Excel Sheets. Then, select your preferred magazine and receive a free three-month
subscription to it.
- The GenieMini add-in, to speed up many common tasks and to help apply conventions and good practices.
- Multiple-place discount: 10% off for three or more places booked on the same course.
- Refreshments and lunch included in the price.
- A course certificate upon request.
Who should attend
- All Focused topic courses
Those who have been using spreadsheets regularly for some time and are quite familiar with formula construction.
At a minimum, you know SUM and absolute cell addresses (that is, those that include $ symbols).
Learn in a positive environment
- Be assured the advice you get is well-proven and utilised.
- Feel free to ask questions.
- Get time away from the office and constant interruptions.
- Enjoy a friendly environment where you don’t feel you’re holding others up.
- Instantly apply what you’ve learned on return to work.
The courses cover Microsoft Excel releases XP(2002) through 2013.
Where there are differences among the covered releases, they are pointed out.
Course cancellation policy:
A course booking is considered final when received in writing (online, email, fax or post) by AbleOwl,
and can be cancelled up to ten working days before the course. After that, payment is expected in full
and no refund will be given. All cancellations must be notified in writing, i.e. post, fax or email.
Another delegate may be substituted at any time.